I'm currently working on a portion of a website for my high school's band (though I'm now in college) and one of the sections contains contact information for all of the students which should only be accessible if you have are a member of band staff and have a password.

In order to access the "band staff" section, you are required to enter in a username and password and from there you can visit any of the pages in the band staff section. So it's fairly straight forward, login view the pages, type of system.

My question is, how should I go about determining whether the user has logged in or not? Are sessions overkill or difficult to use? Or is there another easier solution? This doesn't have to be maximum security or handle a variety of approaches to the pages, I'm just looking for a simple, "unless you're logged in, you can't see this page."

Are sessions the way to go?

Seth Willits
President and Head Developer of Freak Software - http://www.freaksw.com
Q&A Columnist for REALbasic Developer Magazine - http://www.rbdeveloper.com
Webmaster for REALbasic Game Central - http://www.freaksw.com/rbgames

"One day you'll be wandering through the darkness looking for guidance,
inspiration, and your purpose in life, and the next you'll turn around
and realize they've been standing right next to you the whole time."
-- Seth Willits