Hi

Am Don, 2003-09-04 um 12.40 schrieb Ronald van Raaphorst:
> I normally program in clarion (www.softvelocity.com) and an infinite
> recursive call will cause a heap overflow...
>
> As I only got a "This page cannot be displayed" page, an error must have
> occurred, but it's not displayed...

A computer cannot decide when a recursion is to deep. Imagine traversing
a realy big tree. There a recursion can get realy deep.

I don't know about the internals of php. But as it is an interpreter
language, I would say that all variables or even the parsing tree are
located on the heap. So this heap will probably be quite big! Thus, to
produce a heap overflow will take a rather long time. (Correct me if I
am wrong with my tought)

A workaround could be that you have a counter (static variable!) in your
recursion procedure or methode respectively. You increment this counter
on every entry into the procedure and compare it to a limit that _you_
specifiy.

--
Cheers!
 Marco