From: Jay Paulson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 5:03 PM
To: PHP List
Subject: [PHP] PHP on a .NET enviroment machine: Conflicts?

Quick question to the community here.  The company I work for got bought out
and now they are wanting to migrate all the web sites that I have created in
PHP to their Windows, IIS, .NET enviroment.  I have been trying to talk to
the people at corporate about putting PHP on their Windows machines but they
are reluctant saying the following:

"An additional complication we discussed here is the fact that our servers
are set up as pure a .NET environment. While we could add PHP to it. It
could create conflicts that would effect the entire system. We have had this
problem with Cold Fusion in the past."

My question is... has anyone put both PHP and .NET in a Windows enviroment
at the same time and had any conflicts?  I have done it several times before
and have not run into any problems.  I really want to continue to run some
of the PHP things that I have on the sites (i.e. message forums, chats etc)
but I really need to know if anyone has run into any conflicts.

As far as I know they are running Windows 2000 and IIS 6 on their machines.

Thanks for any feedback!