once upon a long ago someone (i belive his name is Hrvoje Niksic) wrote a program called wget so that people do not have to do all this :-)

Andrea Tricco wrote:

Hi,
I'm using the function "file_get_contents()" to replicate the content of a
remote html page on my server.
But, the function file_get_contents() works even when the name of the file
is not specified. For example:

"http://www.php.net"; rather that "http://php.net/index.php";

Does a method exist to know the name of the file received form web server?

I would like to write a program that automatically downloads the images
inserted into a html page.
For this reason, I need to determine the paths of the images in order to get
them from the web server.
In other words, my program should work as the "Save as" function (File menu)
of any Web browser.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards.
Andrea