Hi,

The php xml modules are installed by default with recent versions of php. This requires that you have libexpat on your machine. They are available on most linux distributions cds. If you are on windows you can dwonload from the site (forgotton the url)

From the type of questions you have asked i get the impression that youa re total newby to xml. Please head off the w3c.org you will find the specs there. You will find some good tutorials at w3schools.com

all the best

ps:
The next time you ask a question you might want to start a new thread instead of replying to an exisiting message.

Jeff Fitzgerald wrote:

I need to use PHP to read, modify and write xml files. I have seen something called expat which I am having trouble installing. Is that the only way to do this? Any help greatly appeciated...

--
http://www.radinks.com/upload
Drag and Drop File Uploader.