Dan J. Rychlik <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 4:58 PM said:

> I know its failing because php doesnt like the quotation before the
> format parameters.  Ive tried to fix this without any luck.  Any
> Ideas ?

It's failing because the ' before the %d is closing the string.

Here's how I work out SQL stuffs:

$sql = "SELECT username\n"
        ."      , password\n"
        ."      , DATE_FORMAT(timestamp, '%d%m%y')\n"
        ."FROM custlogon";

$query = ($sql);

Althought it looks like it takes a lot more time to write (which is
true) it looks great when you are debugging.

echo "<pre>$sql</pre>";

Alternatively you should be able to do this:

$query = ("SELECT username, password, DATE_FORMAT(timestamp, '%d%m%y')
FROM custlogon");

chris.