Sometimes a client wants PDF support in a web app as a perk, but is _not_
willing to pay for it simply because it is not worth it to them. Perhaps he
is working on a low-budget site such as this. clib and pdflib, IIRC, do not
have a pricing system that asks for a percentage, or varies depending on the
size of the company, etc. It's simply not practical for them. $500 or $1000
licenses can be expensive for the small business.

Beyond that, I'll reply off-list. This isn't the place for a flamewar.

--
Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]