--- Paul van Schayck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Don't tell them about that option! People are forced to script safe
> that way.

That is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Leaving register_globals
disabled certainly doesn't force people to "script safe[ly]". It does, however,
force them to understand where data is coming from, and that is an important
point. I agree with you that we should not recommend that people enable
register_globals. This is especially true, because the people asking these
types  of questions already know the least about how data is exchanged on the
Web.

> Ben, with register globals off hackers can change variables you don't
> want to be changed theirself.

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/H/hacker.html

Chris

=====