On the topic of passing args, can someone please
explain to me why I'm unable to use $_GET or $_POST if
my php script is run as a .cgi?  Basically, I have a
simple html input form that has:

<form name="testform" action="test.cgi" method="GET">
<input type="text" name="textbox">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

and a simple php script in a file called test.cgi
which looks like:

#!/usr/local/bin/php

<?php
print $_GET['testbox'];
?>

Now, if I rename this script to test.php, everything
works fine, but not while run as a cgi.  I have no
such problems when implementing the exact same code
using Perl, so I'm thinking that php requires a
different method of obtaining args when run as a cgi.
If anyone can tell me the method, I would greatly
appreciate it.   Thanks,

John