Hello everyone,

I'm having the following errors and hope that someone can help. Please
advise.

I have an authentication script that uses session to authenticate and
track the user. Every was working fine under HTTP, but when I move the
application to a secure server (HTTPS), my session variables no longer
hold their values. They all return BLANK.  Am I missing something? Please
asdvise.

//Sample Code

//login.html

[html Form code goes here ... with
action='https://www.site.com/login.php?option=login' ]

//authentication

//login.php

if(username and password match) {

 session_save_path('/tmp');
 session_name('sName');
 session_start();

 [** get user id, user type, and name from db...]

 //set session vars
 $_SESSION['userid'] = $database->userid;
 $_SESSION['type'] = $databe->type;
 $_SESSION['ACCESS'] = 'PASS';
}else{
  echo '...invalid username/password...';

//access restricted subpage

// otherpage.php

//check access. This code is actually in a function called Authenticate()
that return TRUE on a successfull match.

if(isset($_SESSION['ACCESS']) and $_SESSION['ACCESS']=='PASS'){
   echo 'This is a valid user...';
}else{
   echo 'Authentication failed...Access denied...';
}

Now, the authentication failed (on the last page (otherpage.php), because
the $_SESSION  variable is empty. a quick print_r($_SESSION)
statement  returns  an empty array.

Basically, the $_SESSION content is not being preserved.

Any idea what is causing that? Please advise.

_john

 =P e p i e  D e s i g n s
 www.pepiedesigns.com
 Providing Solutions That Increase Productivity

 Web Developement. Database. Hosting. Multimedia.