[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Van Schayck) wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

 > First of all you need to check with the website you are going to check
> if they really enjoy all bandwith required. And people will not see
> their banners anymore.

I'm not sure I understand-- I want to check to see if their page has
changed once each day and, if so, I will highlight that link in my list...
I doubt most web sites would have a problem with one hit per day :)

I am not scraping and redisplaying content...

My question boils down to the most efficient method to detect whether a
page has been modified recently...