Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris) wrote
> I'm not sure I understand-- I want to check to see if their page has
> changed once each day and, if so, I will highlight that link in my
> list... I doubt most web sites would have a problem with one hit per
> day :)

Don't know much about blogs ;). I though those things were on one page
with hunders of blogs.

> I am not scraping and redisplaying content...

Not but people don't have to view their page anymore and see their adds.
Instead of cheking with their page, they check with your page.

> My question boils down to the most efficient method to detect whether
> a page has been modified recently...

Socket connection, look at the second comment of the filemtime()
function:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.filemtime.php

Polleke