All,
I have done a number of searches.
I have read the online documentation and user supplied comments.

I recently ran into problem using:

-some code here to create session and set variables-
header('Location: index.php');

where the sessions would sometimes get "lost", they wouldn't make it to the
index.php page.  A print_r on $_SESSION would display an empty array.  And
yes the sessions are getting set properly.  The same code works on three
different servers, with no modifications.

So a friend recommended using:
header ("Refresh: 0; url=index.php");

I haven't seen documentation for "refresh" in the header function.  Is there
any reason to use one in lieu of the other?  Any comments on 'refresh'?

As I said, I've looked at the online documentation:
this page: http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php doesn't have the
word "refresh" on it.
this page: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616 doesn't have the word
"refresh" on it.
this page: http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.headers-sent.php does have
the word "refresh" but it's not relevant.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Hubbard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.wildcharacters.com