My question seems fundamental. I want to set a variable in one function in a class and then want to use the value in a second function. However, the functions are called a html page with two passes. Submit reloads the page and an if(...) calls the second function in the class.

If I declare on the first run:
   $get_data = new edit_tag_file();
   $edit_args= $get_data-> edit_prep();

The on the second pass, I'm stuck. I can't declare a new instance of "edit_tag_data".
And, it appears the object is gone after I leave the page.

Will the class structure do this for me or must I save the values in $GLOBAL or something?

Thanks....