On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 12:38 PM, Chris wrote:

> I would also be interested in this, as well as some sort of
confirmation
> of this behavior. It could be that the person who described this
behavior
> was wrong. :-)

I think Chris is correct in thinking that the person who started the
I've been developing web applications with PHP/PostgreSQL for a few
years now, and I've never been able to duplicate the behaviors described
in the original thread.

>From my experience over the past few years, here's how IE works with
sessions and new windows.

If you open a web application in Internet Explorer and a session is
activated, opening a new window either via a JavaScript link, an href
with the target attribute set to _blank or by hitting ctrl-n will cause
the new window to inherit the session of the opener.

However, if you have a window open in which a session is activated and
you open a new IE window via a desktop shortcut (basically create a
separate instance of the browser) this window will NOT inherit the
session of the already active window.

I tried to replicate the behaviors described in the previous thread with
IE 5.5 and 6.0 running on Win2K boxes and on Linux boxes connected via
TSS, and was unsuccessful.

Anyone else have any ideas as to why this would be happening? It seems a
very strange behavior to me.

Cheers,
Pablo