--- Luis Lebron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Any good tools for benchmarking sql queries?

This may not directly answer your question, but I find the mytop utility
very helpful for seeing what is happening with a MySQL server. It's
available here:

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/mytop/

Another thing you can do is  configure MySQL to log slow queries, and
configure "slow queries" to be more and more critical, so that you can
focus on the queries that would make the biggest difference. Sorry fi
you're not using MySQL, since I'm assuming you are. :-)

Of course, I still think that avoiding database calls as much as possible
is a good thing.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====