Radu Manole wrote:

Hi all,

I do have a question about optimizing the php for large applications.
Many applications group the functions in files (eg. functions.inc.php) or
build classes, and these files/classes are called with 'require' or
'include' on the top of each main file.

What would be the speed penalty if we have to include many files or if these
functions containter files are over 100k in size. I know the php engine will
parse them too. Are any tips to follow when using many functions?

It is much better to include only one big file, but only if you need all of that functions. You should try to separate your functions into 3 or + files: LoginFunctions.php, OtherFunctions.php, PictureFunctions.php and include only the ONE you need. If you need all of them, make only one file, and include only one file.