Dave --

...and then Dave G said...
%
% PHP Gurus,
%       I have an eregi() function that I'm using to validate emails
% that users enter into a form. I pretty much took it directly from the
% book "PHP and MySQL Web Development". It looks like this:
% (!eregi('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', $email)

1) Constructing an all-compatible email expression is darned near
impossible.  See the archives for a recent discussion of this.

2) Sure enough, you don't allow "+" extensions in yours.  Neener neener :-)

3) You might check out preg_match, which the manual says is often faster
than ereg().

4) To include '-' in a range list, put it last in the range.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"