> ... escaping isn't necessary.

Thanks so much for all the helpful advice!
Okay, included the + character, and removed the escaping. And I know I'm
supposed to checking into preg_match, but I'm looking at this as an
opportunity to learn about regular expressions, so I still have a
question. I'm confused why hyphens wouldn't still need escaping. Hyphens
are used to express a range of characters. If there's a hyphen there,
won't PHP think I'm looking for a range from nothing to nothing? Or is
it clever enough to figure out what's going on?
(!eregi('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', $email)

--
Cheers!
Dave G