Just to add an authoritative answer here.  Mucking up the reply-to header
is simply wrong.  I don't really care what arguments you come up with, it
makes no technical sense.  The list has been configured this way for years
and years and believe me, it is the safest and most flexible
configuration.  If you guys can't figure out how to use reply-all and
procmail to filter out duplicates if you don't want to see those, well,
then tough.  This is a technical mailing list.  I refuse to let a small
group of folks without the technical know-how make a mess of the list for
all of us who know how to deal with mailing lists correctly.

-Rasmus