Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
If I create an PHP environment such that I don't need to override register_globals and error_reporting with a .htaccess file it works just

fine, so I guess the problem is in the .htaccess file. I posted my httpd.conf file at http://e-technics.com/dorna/httpd.conf.
If I comment the lines

<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/dorna">
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

that makes the override possible, the page works fine, but I don't have register_globals and error_reporting as I want them.
[/snip]

Actually, according to the info.php page for that directory
register_globals is ON as you desire...correct?

Correct, the .htaccess file overides just fine register_globals and error_reporting but somehow Internet Explorer and Konqueror does not load the page.