Eric Holmstrom wrote:

Okay i have this so far

<?php
$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "", "");
mysql_select_db("ERIC",$conn);
$sql = "SELECT * FROM rocket";

$result = mysql_query($sql, $conn) or die(mysql_error());
while ($newArray = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

     $partno = $newArray['PARTNO'];
     $description = $newArray['DESCRIPTION'];
  $comment = $newArray['COMMENT'];

 }
?>

How do i make it so if i type http://localhost/test.php?partno=5r&description=copper

Cheers if you can help out!

"Justin Patrin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eric Holmstrom wrote:

Hi there

I have a database called "Eric" and table name called "Rocket'.

Table consists of three values.
PARTNO | DESCRIPTION | COMMENT

So far if i want to show copper headgaskets from the 5r field i put this
string into the php script (along with the rest of the html/php code)

$sql = "SELECT * FROM rocket WHERE partno like '5r%' AND description

like

'COPPER HEADGASKET%'";

The problem is there is 1000s of different querys i want to run and dont
want to make a page for each query. So what im trying to ask is how do i

run

a query to display the results (like

http://www.domain.com/query.php?"the

query i want to run" rather then link to a .php/html file with the query
inside of it.)

The short answer is to use a GET variable for this.

http://example.com/script.php?sql=SELECT...

You have to remember to url encode the SQL, though (see urlencode()).
You can access it like this:

$_GET['sql']

The longer answer is to use a package such as DB_DataObject_FormBuilder
(http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder) to generate this
stuff for you. It will take some setup, but once you're used to it, it
can make this kind of app happen real quick.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>

At this point, I will recommend you to ANY PHP tutorial and the PHP manual. The point of these lists is to help after you've tried things, not to write your code for you.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>