Hello,

On 12/23/2003 03:31 PM, James Kaufman wrote:
Join the 11,000 people who use megaupload progress bar (with a little
help from perl)
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/megaupload/

I tried. It wasn't worth all the perl mods I would to have had to install to make it work.

Check out http://pear.laurent-laville.org/HTML_Progress/. It is a pure
php approach to displaying a progress bar. I haven't used it, but the demos
look good.

This a different thing. This is meant to track progress of server side tasks. File uploading is a client side task.

Unfortunately, AFAIK there is no way to handle streams of HTTP requests. Therefore, there is no way to handle upload progress with a PHP only solution.

The Raditha megaupload solution is based on a combination of Perl with PHP. It is probably the solution that uses more PHP but the hard work is done using Perl.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/