FWIW, here is a link to a PHP extension which enables the ability to
track the progress of a PHP upload. I did not write the extension, so if
it breaks something I am not responsible. It was previously discussed on
the php-dev mailing list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) a month or two ago,
but it was never decided if it would be officially added into PHP.

http://pdoru.from.ro/

-Jeremy