At 15:58 6-1-04, you wrote:
> could the problem be that you explode on " " so the phrase 'New York',
> having a space, is split up?

Could be. Some times the New is on one line and the York is on the next
line. I need for it to explode no matter what. How would I do that?

For instance the print_r for the array shows me this in one instance. None
of which is hightlighted (and should be) in other words all of these where
skipped and the New York should have been selected. I know that the comma is
causing trouble as well.

/> New [913] => York, [914] => New [915] => York
/> Dear [917] => Mr. [918] => Conlin:

well I don't know about the highlighting.
first try to debug by doing the several steps separately,
So start with the str_replace, see if that works as expected. Actually I wonder why you are escaping the comma "\,". Try to remove that \backslash.
Next idea: what about replacing with " " ?