Hello Vernon,

>> Nowhere in your replacement array do you check for, or remove,
>> carriage returns.
>> Add this \n to it:
>> $replacement = array("\"", "\,", ".", "!", "?", "\n");
>> Your exploded array should now be correct.

V> When I do this I get some really unexpected results. Almost everything comes
V> up bold.

Remove the back-slash before the comma in the replacement array, it
doesn't work if you have it.

Otherwise, it fulfills the criteria of removing the characters you
requested from the string, therefore the error lies elsewhere either
in the original data containing something that isn't being taken into
consideration, or the high-lighting working on different rules.

One possible issue is the fact that if you remove all comma's and
carriage returns, the following:

New York,
was here

will become exploded as:

New
Yorkwas
here

Perhaps you don't want to actually remove carriage returns at all, but
rather substitute them with spaces - like I said though, it depends on
your original data.

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]