On Tuesday 13 January 2004 06:46, Jas wrote:

[Please trim your posts!]

> Just tried that and I am getting the same error.  I guess what I am
> really looking for is a way to have apache restart the service without
> adding the apache user in the 'sudoers' file.

If you really must restart system services over insecure interfaces such as a
web browser then consider using something which was 'tailor-made' for the
purpose eg Webmin. Webmin is not ideal, but since you are having to ask the
question I would assume that it would be better than anything you could come
up with at this moment in time.

If you still want develop your own, then have a look in the archives for
possible solutions using sudo, or cronjobs.