I am attempting to write my own little error-logging function...
however, for some reason, whatever I do I can not seem to override the
error display setting on the server.

Starting at the most simple thing, you should think that when you write
.

<?
Error_reporting(0);
?>

. should pretty much stop every error message eventually generated on
the production server. But it wont. The only way I can shut off the
error messages, is to set "display_errors = Off" in PHP.INI .

Now, this means I can track i.e. NOTICE errors, but parse-errors will
show nonetheless. My wish is that whatever error the system outputs, I
would like to be able to deal with them my very own custom way.

Anybody got a good idea of how I can successfully switch off these pesky
error messages on runtime level and then trap them all?

Rob.