Thanks. I just grabbed the source and am looking over it. The way the
red hat RPM is configed is perfect for me except for the exclusion of
enable-trans-sid. Am I correct in assuming in addition to using
--enable-trans-sid that I should also use the current config options
displayed by phpinfo() ?

Larry H.

"..s.c.o.t.t.. [gts]" wrote:
snip..............
> (replace php..... with whatever the PHP
> tarball is named)
>
> at the prompt (you dont need to be root) type:
> tar xvfz php.....tar.gz
> cd php.....
> ./configure --enable-trans-sid
> make
> make test
>
> if you didnt get any errors, then (as root) type:
> make install