Hi folks.  I've got a quick question about security when running a php
script through a cron job.

I've got a cron job set up that executes every minute and looks for idle
users and pending content within a cms.

I know that if I wanted to execute the script with an exec() call from
within another php script I would need to chmod +x it.

I don't seem to need to do this with a cron job, as I use the following
command in the cron job,

php /home/pablo/cmsutil/CMS_monitor.php

and the permissions on CMS_monitor.php are as follows:

-rw-rw-r--    1 pablo    pablo        3636 Feb 21 00:48 CMS_monitor.php

My question is under these permissions could someone else with an
account on this server execute this file?  I'm pretty sure they couldn't
but my knowledge of Linux isn't yet as extensive as I would like it to
be so I can't say for sure.

Can someone verify or correct me on this?

Cheers and TIA.

Pablo