On Sunday 22 February 2004 11:12, Pablo Gosse wrote:

> I know that if I wanted to execute the script with an exec() call from
> within another php script I would need to chmod +x it.
>
> I don't seem to need to do this with a cron job, as I use the following
> command in the cron job,
>
> php /home/pablo/cmsutil/CMS_monitor.php

That's because you're executing the php binary (php) and telling it to run the
script (CMS_monitor.php).

> and the permissions on CMS_monitor.php are as follows:
>
> -rw-rw-r--    1 pablo    pablo        3636 Feb 21 00:48 CMS_monitor.php
>
> My question is under these permissions could someone else with an
> account on this server execute this file?

It depends. If they can read the file 'CMS_monitor.php' and they can execute
the php binary then yes. But because users are not usually allowed to access
other users' home directory they will not be able to run your scripts.