From: "Raditha Dissanayake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Juan E Suris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 11:44 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] PHP and Apache Using up all memory

> Hi Juan,
>
> What you can do is to switch off output buffering. If it is a really
> large file you might want to generate the file offline and deliver it
> using the more conventional hyperlink.
>
> all the best
>
> Juan E Suris wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I have a problem with PHP and Apache, where Apache uses up a huge amount
of memory. What happens is that I have a PHP script that creates a file on
the fly and sends it directly to the broswer (as an attachment, so that the
user can save it). The problem is that when the file is big and the client
download speed is slow, the Apache process uses up as much memory as the
file size. My guess here is that PHP keeps writing data as fast as it can,
and Apache caches it in memory until the user can download it all.