On 3/16/2004 2:50:52 PM, joel boonstra ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:05:42AM -0700, Sheeraz fazal wrote:
> > I need information about the php certification, from www.expertrating.
> com .
> > Does this site has good market reputation?
>
> I took 10 minutes yesterday and checked out one of their free tests on
> computer literacy or something like that.  The questions were poorly
> worded, rife with misspellings, and had illogical choices.  Some choice
> snippets:
>
> "This exam is best viewed using Internet Explorere 5.0 or above"
>
> Q1:
> "You have a mouse attached to your computer which suddenly stops
> working. You quickly replace the mouse with another one which has
> been manufactured by a different company. Will it work?"
>
> (my options are "yes" and "no".
> "there is no way to make an
> accurate guess" is not an option)
>
> Q27:
> "If you are looking for information about a certain subject on
> the Internet, what is the quickest way to get started?"
>
> Q?:  "Where is the Calculator located in the Windows Program menu?"
>
> (my options were 4 different Windows menu paths)
>
> You can be the judge based on that, I suppose.  If their PHP "exam" is
> anything like this one, though, the final certification

True...the only good thing is they are going after the dolts for only 10$,
with new users
coming on the net everyday they are trying their luck. I've seen a couple of
sites like this
top--sites being one...NO1 bastards& spammers as I wrote and told them,
there was also a
site "selling" the installation of OSCommerce for $450 !!

Cant really blame these guys for trying , but I doubt they will get many
people as a person who
goes for their "PHP exam" would know programming and computers...which will
tell them pretty
soon this is a scam.