I am attempting to pass a string value via a URL.  I have tried using
urlencode and ereg_replace--with no luck.

Here is sample code:

$headline=urlencode("$headline");
print "<a href
='http://www.contus.com/test_quote/quotepage.php3?site=$site&page=miniquote&;

Then in the quotepage.php3 file

if( $page == "miniquote" )
{

print "Get A Quote<br>";
print "$subject";
print "$site";

INCLUDE "mini_quote.inc.php3";
}

--->The print "$subject"; line prints nothing.

If I print $headline right after I assign the variable it prints correctly
with +s in place of the blanks for this variable.

Any suggestions?