All,

I'm pleased to announce two initiatives at Great Bridge aimed at
improving the integration of PostgreSQL and PHP, and some exciting
stuff that we're doing as a company to get behind PHP more fully.

First, Great Bridge is partnering with Zend Technologies to include
a fully-integrated installation of PHP in an upcoming Web
developer's edition of Great Bridge PostgreSQL.  In addition to
professionally-supported PHP (and other open source Web
technologies), we'll also give our customers the chance to purchase
Zend's value-added PHP tools (IDE, cache, encoder, and more...)
Zend  is a major contributor to the open source PHP effort, and
we're very happy to be working with them.

Secondly, we're pleased to announce that three PHP core developers
have joined the Great Bridge advisory committee- Rasmus Lerdorf, the
creator of PHP; Thies Arntzen, an expert in PHP-database
connectivity; and Sascha Schumann, PHP author and provider of
high-performance webchat solutions.  Rasmus, Thies, and Sascha will
work with us to help craft our Web developer products and services,
including (of course) a fully optimized free download package.
We'll be putting some development energy into the PHP-Postgres
interface, and look for other ways the two open source projects can
help each other.

We're also very interested in hacker feedback as to what you'd like
to see in a software and service package that revolves around the
Web development "stack."  What kind of tools, building blocks, and
applications would you like to see commercially supported?  Don't be
shy - please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with any suggestions.
I'll also be at ApacheCon in a few weeks if you'd like to get
together in person.

Thanks,
Ned