Hi Alister,

This is exactly what I am trying to do now... but I'm afraid that I am a
little unexperienced with squid.

I managed to make it run in my home in "httpd-accelerator" mode but I
still have some problems.

Could you give me your squid configuration file?? or at least tell me
how to set the needed properties.

In my home it is working this way: squid in port 80 and apache in port
8080 and the browser is able to load the pages through squid, but apache
is still loggging the static content in the access log file which
shouldn't happen because static requests aren't supposed to reach the
web server. right??

-William