--- Richard Davey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> Hmmm.. not a bad idea. I was thinking of some kind of
> "intermediary"
> script, where it can run a check to see if JS is there or not (via
> whatever method possible) and then redirect accordingly. I'll have
> an
> experiment and (further!) searches to see what other ideas are out
> there.

If you really want to use an intermediate script, you can set a form
value (say, js_enabled) to "false" as a hidden field, then use
Javascript (in an OnLoad) to set it to "true."

This could be autolaunched in a child window, automatically
submitted, and then automatically closed. Though I'm not sure how you
could auto-close a child windows with JS disabled... Maybe in an
invisible frame... You'd obviously need to store the value of
js_enabled in a cookie (assuming they're enabled) or session variable
if you wanted to use it across multiple pages...

=====
Mark Weinstock
[EMAIL PROTECTED]