Jason Barnett wrote:

Kenn Murrah wrote:

Jason:

Yes, I am aware of the problem. However, for the very simple XML files that I'm being asked to process, it's not an issue -- each file has, for example, one and only one occurrence of "fullname" .... So, while I realize that any solution I achieve for this project will have virtually no portability to any future project, it would help me out of a terrible mind in dealing with today's issue :-)

thanks.

kenn

Well a solution might be the function xml_parse_into_struct() http://www.php.net/xml_parse_into_struct

Hmmm, that looks interesting.

On another note, I've made a simple parse based on PEAR's XML_Parser that parses an entire XML tree into associative arrays. Feel free to use it.

http://www.reversefold.com/~papercrane/XML_Parser_Assoc/Assoc.phps

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>