Hmmm, that looks interesting.

On another note, I've made a simple parse based on PEAR's XML_Parser that parses an entire XML tree into associative arrays. Feel free to use it.

http://www.reversefold.com/~papercrane/XML_Parser_Assoc/Assoc.phps

I haven't used that class before, or else I probably would have suggested it instead of reinventing the wheel. On another note: what's the word on XML in PHP5? Do most of the XML implementations in PEAR plan to continue using a SAX based parser or switching to a new Dom/SimpleXML implementation? Just curious, I'd been thinking about a little something I might want to whip up.