> A define is pretty much for strings only, not objects or resources. Try
> using $GLOBALS['_CONNECT_DB'] instead.

I tried this, but, same results. If I store the Resource ID from a
mysql_pconnect() in $GLOBALS['_CONNECT_DB'] and then call...

    mysql_query($query, $GLOBALS['_CONNECT_DB']);

PHP gives me the following error:

    4 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource

When I look into this var, here's what I see:

    Resource id #4

This is the same that was stored in the constant var, so, it appears that
whether it's a Global or Constant isn't making a difference.