> hi all has anyone used smarty before? what do you think of it? I think it's
> pretty nice to seperate your script (code) from your design.

> i would like to hear your comments and if you have any alternatives let me
> know.

Hi,

I've used it on a few sites - and I sort of can't do without any more
:) - just kidding, but the clean seperation of logic and presentation
helps a lot creating maintainable code.

Speedwise it's very fast, no complaints there. There might have been a
couple limitation here and there (uhm - new versions took care of that
for me as well), but then you can write your own
extensions in no time and get around those as well.

Bottom line: I definitely recommend it.

Richard