From: Justin French [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 6:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] smarty

On 07/04/2004, at 1:33 AM, Angelo Zanetti wrote:

> hi all has anyone used smarty before? what do you think of it? I think
> it's pretty nice to seperate your script (code) from your design.
>
> i would like to hear your comments and if you have any alternatives
> let me know.

PHP itself is a great templating language :)

<h1><?=$title?></h1>
        <? foreach($staff as $person): ?>
href='mailto:<?=$person['email']?>'><?=$person['email']?></td>
        <? endforeach; ?>

You can still separate your logic from your presentation, template designers
can still use quick, simple "tags" to include code, and the upside is that
people familiar with PHP don't need to learn ANOTHER language (that's what
Smarty is) -- they can dive straight in.

The question is, do you want to give your templater designers full access to
the power of PHP, or not.  In my case, I did.

Justin

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au