I looked into getting PHP to talk to a  Lotus notes database, and was
really really scared..!
I think this is my best bet, for now at least... however, my simple code
does not work?
Wierd...
Any other ideas?

Richard Harb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
07/05/2004 11:38
Please respond to
Richard Harb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

php-general <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: [PHP] A work around my HTTP_REFERER Prob...

What about allowing your UK server to access the database of your USA
Server? You could open a port to that specific IP address only, ...

Then authenticating users on the UK server would work like a charm.
You could even create a 'shared' database for basic session
information.

I think if sessions are used the overhead would not be overly serious
except for the one time a user has to log in.

Ok, I have no idea whatsoever about how to access a Domino Server, but
there just has to be a way... XMLRPC?

just a thought ...
Richard

Friday, May 7, 2004, 11:39:12 AM, thus was written:
> To recap...
> We have two servers:
> 1. USA - holds most of our databases, and E-mail. but specifically, the
> usernames and passwords, or all our users (Lotus Domino Server)
> 2. UK - Runs our website. (Unix Server)

> We wanted to be able to allow people to login on on server 1, and getr
> authenticated etc, and then get redirected to server 2.
> Using http_referer we would confirm that they came from server 1

> However, as I discovered, that is not possible.
> So what we did was this:

> On the login form on server 1, the referering URL to server 2, contains
> varibale called 'secure'
> we asign that variable that value of '4654376534' and divide it by the
day
> (eg: if it's the 12th of may, we divide by 12.. 7th of June, we divide
by
> 7)
> I know that this is crackable, but it's just a stop gap measure...

> My problem today is this:
> It's not confirming the values?
> See my code below....
> ================
> session_start();
>         $today_day = date("d");
>         $code1 = ($today_day+1) * $secure;
>         $code2 = $today_day * $secure;
>         $code3 = ($today_day-1) * $secure;
>         $master_code = 4654376534;
> if (($code1 == $master_code) || ($code2 == $master_code) || ($code3 ==
> $master_code)) {
>         $_SESSION[logged] = 'true';
>         $login_info = "You are now <b>Logged in</b>";
> } else if ($_SESSION[logged] == 'true') {
>         $login_info = "You are still <b>Logged in</b>";
> }
> =================

> I start by getting the date $today_day
> As we're in two time zones, I don't wanna get caught out by the time
> difference, so I've created a +/- 1 each side ($code1-3)
> and fianlly, asigned the master input variable (the decoder)

> Now it all works great..! (all variables echo what they should) however,
> I'm not getting logged in?
> I'm really stumped...
> any ideas?

> Tris...

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.