John W. Holmes wrote:
From: "Caleb Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This looks like modifications that need to be made to the application.  I
dont really want to touch the application.  Instead I just want PHP,
through the php.ini file or whatever to take the session data and put it
in a database instead of the file system.  In doing it this way, I assume
that I will not have to touch somebody else's code.

Can't do it that way. You need to load some PHP code that tells PHP what to
do upon session starts, saves, reads, etc.

Closest you could come is to set an auto prepend file that loads your
session handler.

---John Holmes...

This is how I would do it and would require no additional changes to the code - just set your auto prepend in a .htaccess file if you're using Apache.