On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:32:59 +0300, Skippy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:15:15 +0200 Daniel Kullik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Skippy wrote:
> > Can you use this?
>
> It seems to work, at first test, but it's somewhat convoluted. I've found
> another fairly reasonable solution: using $val instead of %val%. This way I
> don't need to ever show the actual contents of the random string in the
> eval() and the problem becomes void.
>
> I said "fairly reasonable" because it will still require a painful porting
> period and letting people know they should move to $val, but in the long run
> it will work. Here's a lesson about not testing well enough before deploying.
>
> Thank you for the help just the same.

Assuming the formatting string is in $formatString and the random
string is in $randomString:

$evalStr = str_replace('%val%', '$randomString', $formatString);
$result = eval('return '.$evalStr);

No need to change the way that users format their format string.

--
DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - The database at your fingertips
http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder

paperCrane --Justin Patrin--