Sounds pretty harsh, but Aidan is right.

Another suggestion:

Set error_reporting in your php.ini to "E_ALL" and display_errors to "On". If you don't have access to the php.ini file you can try this:

[code]
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', true);
[/code]

Paste these two lines of code into the beginning of your script.

With error_reporting set to E_ALL you will also see the errors of type E_NOTICE.

Daniel

Aidan Lister wrote:
Michael,

You need to gain some very basic debugging skills.

If you're trying to update a database:
1) Check the mysql_query is actually being run!
Add a line above mysql_query, die('hello');
If you see hello, the query is being run

2) Check there is no error on the query,
$query = "some query";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die('some error ' . mysql_error());

3) Check the query
echo $query;
See what the query looks like, you'll quickly be able to find the mistake.

Any other information you provided was useless, we don't need the entire
context of your application to help you.

I suggest you start learning these basic skills now and stop pasting huge
volumes of crap mail to the list.

"Harlequin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK. So here we have on the submission form:

<input type="hidden" value="$_SESSION['logname']" name="Hidden">

It echoes fine, so I know it's there.

When I go to the target page it echoes fine there also and doesn't return

an

error. But more strangely, it doesn't perform the update I request:

$UserDataDump = "UPDATE MembersData SET Title='$Title'...)
WHERE UserID='$_POST[Hidden]'";

What's missing...? No error, no update...? No caffiene...! Help...!

Oh - is OK, I have my Nicotine :)

--
Michael Mason

--