I'm changing my HTTP POST variable declarations from $variablename to $_POST['variablename'] to make my code more compliant with current best practices.

However, I find that I cannot mix these new variable declarations into big variable strings like I used to. For example, this works:

$message = "
Name: $Name
Division: $Division
Phone: $Phone
Email: $Email";

...but when I change $Name and the other variables to $_POST['Name'], I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /web/scd/vets/Vislab/eventrequest.php on line 94

Is there any clean way to avoid having to completely reconstruct all my form mail messages by constantly closing quotes, using . to connect text and variables within the larger variable.

Markus