I think the better way is to use brackets to enclose your variable...

So it would look like this :

$message = "
Name: {$_POST['Name']}
Division: {$_POST['Division']}
Phone: {$_POST['Phone']}
Email: {$_POST['Email']}";

Tim.

At 11:15 AM 7/19/2004, Jason Barnett wrote:
Markus Stobbs wrote:

I'm changing my HTTP POST variable declarations from $variablename to $_POST['variablename'] to make my code more compliant with current best practices.
However, I find that I cannot mix these new variable declarations into big variable strings like I used to. For example, this works:
$message = "
Name: $Name
Division: $Division
Phone: $Phone
Email: $Email";
...but when I change $Name and the other variables to $_POST['Name'], I get this error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /web/scd/vets/Vislab/eventrequest.php on line 94

When you have a variable that is inside a text string (double quotes) like that then you do not need to have the quotes for your array index. So in your case something like this should work:

$message = "
Name: $_POST[Name]
Division: $_POST[Division]
Phone: $_POST[Phone]