ADFH wrote:

Can you verify that the data is actually in the db?

I'll attempt to reverify by dumping data back out again and comparing
size. I suspect it is, however.

Ie. The login succeeds because a cookie is set, and I can go to some
    scripts, but not others.

Even if it isn't, how could this stop Apache from logging even an error?

Why would Apache log an error on a db dump? Or are you talking about the execution of the scripts after you import the data? If the latter try setting your php error reporting to E_ALL in a .htaccess file (or in the php.ini if you have access to that).

For .htaccess :
php_value error_reporting "E_ALL"

If you set it in the php.ini, make sure to restart your web server.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush