[snip]
I have been on a number of lists over the years, as what ever technology
I'm using at the time has demanded.

I would have to say that this list is one of the most curt and
condescending lists I've ever been on.
[/snip]

Hmmm, you should see the C++ newsgroup(s).

Actually I would have to say that when it comes to lists (I myself and
many others here are on several) that this one and perhaps the MySQL
general list get more OT posts. Since PHP can be a entry point for first
time programmers it also ramps up the number of posts where the user has
not been familiarized with terms and actions such as RTFM, STFW or STFA.
Common and well established list courtesies established years ago are
expected to be suspended here....why?

Having said that I suppose that those of us who are curt and
condescending (of which I am one) can shut up or go somewhere else,
which we have been asked to do several times. I was just here to learn
and to help where I could.